Friday, July 3, 2009

Down with the Flu

I am pretty bummed out right now. I am struggling with a low-grade fever and am really tired today and it looks like I might have come down with the flu. I don't know when this happened exactly, or what my exposure has been, but it has been physically difficult to adapt to living among the poor. I have had a cough for two weeks, and last night was when I started feeling really ill. The heat, smog, and mosquitoes have all contributed to a lack of rest. Please pray that I will get the rest I need as well as our team leader Kuya Willy (I think he has the same thing). Also, since we are being sick among the poor, it would be pretty disheartening if people get sick in the community since the opportunity for proper health care is lacking.

Thanks for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. hey there

    very sorry you came down with something. please make sure you take some Joel time and get lots of rest. Wish I could do something to help. I'll think good thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joel,
    I'll pass on your news to the others in the family, and we'll be praying for you. Do take care, have lots of rest and drink lots of water. Much love and hugs, Koo Koo

    ReplyDelete