Monday, July 13, 2009

The Worst Time to be Making Decisions

So it's pretty official that I am emotionally attached to the family I'm staying with and will greatly miss them and the neighborhood children as well. The send-off bash plans is to have a chocolate party (I'm not too sure what this means, but I think there will be chocolate) on Friday and treating some of the kids to a movie on Saturday night. Send-offs are so bittersweet.

Sunday is when Jason and I will take a few days to visit other Filipino ministries and the last few days will be for debriefing. Time flies!!!

And then back to the US for reverse culture shock......
I can't believe I'm already speaking of the end (still another two weeks in the Philippines), but the main part of this trip will be over in just a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, Joel, enjoy these last few precious days with your host family and community! May you and Jason contnue to be a blessing to those around you.
    Am Glad that you seem to have recovered from the flu.

    Much love,
    Koo koo

    ReplyDelete
  2. omgosh- it went by so quickly!! seems like a week ago since you've left. chocolate party sounds like the place to be. just remember them- that's all you can really do!

    best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete