Sunday, June 14, 2009

Fasten Your Seatbelts, Turbulence Ahead

This past week has been far too hectic (and I feel like so many dashed expectations). I don't know what all of this is about. But here we are, on the eve of my flight to NYC then to Korea then to the Philippines.

7:35 AM is when 12 people from around the country will be flying to meet up in Incheon, Seoul, Korea.

That means leaving behind:
  • What I think is unfinished work
  • 6 weeks of bills and such
  • Fund-raising for next year
  • My younger siblings who are growing up fast
  • The comforts of being an American (I've done this before, but 100 degree humid monsoon season weather makes you forget pretty quickly)
And embarking on:
  • A team that will meet for the first time
  • 12 expectations from 12 broken people
  • Leading though I feel inadequate
  • Serving people that adore Americans
  • Living out our culture shock
These are all fears of mine (some being legitimate and some not) that I can only trust God with since there is nothing I can do to even remotely direct/control alleviating any of these fears. Simply thanks for your support and ongoing prayer for our team going to the Philippines. I cling onto small truths that inspire me to keep on going.

Hebrews 3:12-13
Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart that falls away from the living God. But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called "Today," so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin.

Today I Trust That God Provides.
I Believe That God Is Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment