Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Worthy of Praise

Yesterday during orientation, one the filipino navigator leaders (Kim Sison) led us through a session on God-centered prayer based out of 1 Chronicles 29. I felt challenged by this session because though I talk about how I trust God with my fears, at the heart level I still operate in a lot of these fears (I think an earlier post covers this). The session is based on the fact that our prayer must be first centered on Our Father before our needs... This connects pretty deeply with the presence of God (something I've thought about recently based on Practicing the Presence by Brother Lawrence) - I don't know how excatly yet, but definitely thinking about it. I just know that following God is not about a tug-of-war of doing right and wrong since Christ has already done this for us. And living like that is simply tiring (which seems contrary to the abundant life Jesus offers). The pull is more whether or not I trust that God provides for me as His son, or am I really left on my own to operate - this battle runs to the deepest part of my sinews.

Well, here's a pull toward reminiding that God is really good.

Listening to Sigur Ros

1 Chronicles 29:10-19 (NASB)
10So David blessed the Lord in the sight of all the assembly; and David said, "Blessed are You, O LORD God of Israel our father, forever and ever. 11Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the victory and the majesty, indeed everything that is in the heavens and the earth; Your is the dominion, O LORD, and You exalt Yourself as head over all {Jesus? Phil 2:9-11]. 12Both riches and honor come from You, and You rule over all, and in Your hand is power and might; and it lies in Your hand to make great and to strengthen everyone. 13Now therefore, our God, we thank You, and praise Your glorious name. 14But who am I and who are my people that we should be able to offer as generously as this? For all things come from You, and from Your hand we have given You. 15For we are sojourners before You, and tenants, as all our fathers were; our days on the earth are like a shadow, and there is no hope {But NOW we have hope... Heb 12:1-3}. 16O LORD our God, all this abundance that we have provided to builld You a house for Your holy name, it is from Your hand, and all is Yours. 17Since I know, O my God, that You try the heart and delight in uprightness, I , in the integrity of my heart, have willingly offered all these things; so now with joy I have seen Your people, who are present here, make their offerings willingly to you. 18O LORD, the God of Abraham, Issac and Israel, our fathers, preserve this forever in the intentions of the heart of Your people, and direct their heart to You; 19and give to my son Solomon a perfect heart to keep Your commandments, Your testimonies and Your statutes, and to do them all, and to build the temple, for which I have made provisions.

Bold = Sooo Good
{my commentary}

All is the Lord's
And we are heirs
God is good

"Classic Apollo" by Flurije
http://www.caedes.net/Zephir.cgi?lib=Caedes::Infopage&image=Flurije-1121387038.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment